Poverty remains one of the most serious challenges plaguing Philadelphia, an otherwise ambitious and thriving city on an upward trajectory. More than one in four residents live in poverty, the highest rate among the nation’s 10 largest cities. Almost half of those individuals live in deep poverty. And the situation facing our children is even …
Our projects address challenges of life, logistics, and finances for #RealCollege students, ranging from surveying prevalent problems to experimental evaluations of solutions to case studies that shed light on the how and why. We also host an annual conference to help improve connections and collaborations, support a national membership organization of campus food pantries, and develop products, policy agendas, and practice guides to help serve #RealCollege students better.
- Annual #RealCollege Conference: Bringing together the people making change happen
- #RealCollege Survey of Students’ Basic Needs: Informing campus leaders and policymakers
- #Voices4Change Student Campaign: Giving students the microphone
- Rethinking Emergency Aid: Getting students the support they need, fast.
- Food Scholarships in Houston: Helping community college students afford groceries
- Housing Vouchers in Tacoma: Making housing more attainable for community college students
- Subsidized Meals in Boston: Enabling students to eat in the cafeteria
- Rent-Free Housing in Florida: Providing cooperative living for low-income students
- Innovating Financial Aid: Testing the efficacy of completion grants
- Fighting Poverty with a Culture of Caring: Examining the impact of institutional change
Follow Us On Instagram
Food insecurity is widespread on American college campuses. Students do not have enough food to feed themselves and sometimes their families as well. We created the College and University Food Bank Alliance (CUFBA) to provide support, training, and resources to campus-based food banks/pantries and other food-insecurity initiatives that primarily serve students. This report demonstrates that …