We seek applications from early-career scholars with lived #RealCollege experiences, and/or those enrolled or employed at institutions underrepresented in the research field (e.g., broad and open-access and Minority-Serving Institutions).
Eligible participants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
Applicants must be willing to commit to active participation in the Collaborative for six months: July to December 2021. During that time, Collaborative members are required to attend:
- Monthly virtual learning sessions (July-December 2021) that will last approximately 2.5 hours; please see the timeline section for a complete list of mandatory learning session dates. Optional office hours will be scheduled periodically.
- Develop their own research projects; we anticipate this will include an additional 10-15 hours per month.
Applicants must have training within a social science discipline, education, or policy field in one of the following categories:
- Advanced Doctoral Students or Recent Graduates: Must be all but dissertation stage (ABD) or a recent graduate from a doctoral program (PhD, EdD, etc).
- Untenured or Non-Tenure Track Faculty
- Individuals Employed Outside of Academia: Individuals employed outside of academia will be asked to describe their current role and how it relates to the field of basic needs insecurity research.
Applicants must possess skills in survey analysis and/or program implementation analysis. Training to analyze large-scale survey data is required. Specifically, applicants must have:
- At least one year of experience using Stata, SAS, SPSS, or R
- Completed at least two doctoral-level statistics courses
- Completed at least one doctoral-level survey methods course
Please note, applicants that are unfamiliar with Stata should still apply. We will send you a short skills assessment to determine what supports you will need to successfully access the database using Stata.
Up to 12 applicants will be selected for participation in the Collaborative.
The #RealCollege Research Collaborative Application is Now Closed